Pages

Tuesday, 19 October 2010

Just when you thought it was safe to relax....

Nature likes to remind us to stay on our toes!
Todays picture was taken by Jaimie, it was a lazy sunny morning and we sat at the side of the lake drinking coffee, enjoying the peace when these little guys almost fell on my head.


My first reaction was a bit sweary, it certainly woke me up!
While he rushed off to get his camera I took a closer look and realised they were just not interested in me at all, which was a relief, because they were huge and look just a bit deadly.
I wouldn't like to get on the wrong side of one that's for sure.


Once you get over the size, their obvious ability to sting and the alien/predator-like jaws, they really are quite beautiful, and as I was delighted to later discover, quite docile, which was nice to know because as we took in our surroundings we realised there were quite a few of them flying about.
I don't even object to the unknown little beastie that left me with an eye like a golf ball the other night
I'm a rational person, but there are always exceptions....











Yes, so far, the scariest beasts I've dicovered out here are these girls in the picture above, I met them on the marshes earlier this year while following a path to see where it goes...
Well, now I know!
I'm not silly, I've read the news and I know they knew what I did with my Horseradish sauce, you can see it in their eyes.




No comments:

Post a Comment